Are you class of 2017 or 2018?
This position is for a current High School Senior or
College Freshman (entering sophomore year)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist in program evaluation to analyze and improve the effectiveness of our approach to and procedures for involving volunteers.
- Help plan the fall stewardship events, including recruiting volunteers and developing outreach plan.
- Help complete outreach to community, youth and corporate groups.
- Assist in updating the volunteer database and other records.
- High school senior or college freshman student (entering sophomore year)
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent research and writing skills and an interest in implementing new ideas.
- Preferred: Experience as a volunteer in any setting.
- Computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Graphic software, and social media
In addition to a broader understanding of the issues facing volunteer recruitment, management, and assessment, the fellow will also be exposed to other skills and experiences necessary to develop as a leader in the nonprofit field including:
- Understanding how nonprofit organizations work to better the quality of life in communities through connection and relationship building.
- Understanding the importance of partnership in ensuring a nonprofit’s success.
- Understanding the importance of volunteerism in our community and how nonprofit organizations work to create meaningful volunteers opportunities.
- Understanding how nonprofit organizations work to reach out to communities in order to engage interested participants in their mission.
Full time, summer position from 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday (flexible). Salary is $12/hr. without benefits. Dependent upon grant funding.
Supervision: Mary Anne Welch, Outreach Manager; Deborah Karasov, Executive Director
Fill out his firm and send it to:
Mary Anne Welch
Email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Application Deadline is Friday, May 25, 2018