Roles and Responsibilities:
The Community Outreach Intern will work with the Community Outreach Coordinator to recruit volunteers and prepare marketing materials for our upcoming Spring 2019 Volunteer Restoration Events, which begin in April. The season comprises 3-6 community events that vary in size from 30 to 200 volunteers each. Activities may include attendance at Saturday events.
- Research and initiate contact with targeted volunteer groups in the areas near planned community events, seeking participation from local schools and clubs, businesses, community groups, etc.
- Create/edit marketing materials for the purpose of volunteer recruitment (e.g. mailers, newsletter postings).
- Maintain and update databases: constituent management database and event registration databases.
- Communicate with registered volunteers and general public as needed.
- Attend community outreach events and volunteer restoration events.
- With guidance, dvelop and implement a short term project.
- General and other office tasks as assigned.
Quality written and verbal communication skills and a customer service first attitude. Ability to pay attention to detail and work independently. Intermediate computer software skills, especially in Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Excel, Outlook, Word). Knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred, but not required.
A minimum of 10 hours per week preferred from Monday-Friday between 7:30am-4:30pm (flexible). Position start and end dates are flexible, but typically starts in Late February and ends in June. This is a volunteer position.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Katie Brom and May Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2019. Please indicate in your cover letter why you are applying for this internship and what you hope to get out of this experience. If you have questions, please email us or call Katie at 651-272-3989.