Roles and Responsibilities:
The Community Outreach Intern is an unpaid, volunteer position that works with the Outreach Program Manager and Community Outreach Coordinator to recruit volunteers, prepare marketing materials, and assist on the ground at events for our upcoming spring 2020 Volunteer Restoration Events, which begin in late April. The season consists of 3-6 restoration events that vary in size from 50 to 200 volunteers each. Activities may include attendance at Saturday morning events.
- Assist the Community Outreach Coordinator with research and initiate contact with targeted volunteer groups in the areas near planned community events, seeking participation from local schools and clubs, businesses, community groups, etc.
- Assist the Outreach Program Manager with restoration event logistics and planning details.
- Create/edit marketing materials for the purpose of volunteer recruitment (e.g. mailers, newsletter postings).
- Maintain and update databases: constituent management database and event registration databases.
- Communicate with registered volunteers and the general public as needed.
- Attend community outreach events and volunteer restoration events.
- With guidance, develop and implement a short term project.
- General and other office tasks as assigned.
Quality written and verbal communication skills and a customer service first attitude. Ability to pay attention to detail and work independently. Intermediate computer software skills, especially in Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Excel, Outlook, Word). Experience using Adobe InDesign preferred, but not required.
The intern will gain valuable community outreach and event coordination experience. They will also make connections with environmental professionals and community members while helping to further Great River Greening’s mission.
A minimum of 10 hours per week preferred from Monday-Friday between 8:00 am-4:30 pm (flexible). Position start and end dates are flexible, but typically starts in late February and ends in June. This is a volunteer position.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Amy Kilgore and Genna Mastellone at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter why you are applying for this internship and what you hope to get out of this experience. If you have questions, please email us or call Amy at 651-272-3989.
The application deadline is January 24, 2020.