The Marketing and Communications Officer works strategically to build and implement a communications and public relations program that builds awareness of the organizations mission, programs, achievements, partnerships, and promotes the public value of the mission work. Communications includes print, e-newsletters, social media and website, branding, event marketing, and more.
Great River Greening is a leading environmental restoration nonprofit with a mission to inspire, engage, and lead local communities in conserving and caring for the land and water that enrich our lives. Our services extend throughout Minnesota in partnership with local communities, governmental agencies, conservation and agricultural organizations, individuals and businesses.
Great River Greening has grown significantly in geographic scope over the past five years, expanding from the Twin Cities into areas of outstate Minnesota (e.g., MN River Valley, Nicollet County, Rum River). As our footprint expands, so does the complexity and depth of our restoration services. Our talented and committed team of 17 staff members works collaboratively to restore 2,000 acres of habitat while engaging 2,000+ volunteers annually. See www.greatrivergreening.org for more information.
Full-time, exempt, reports to the Development Director. Salary range is $55,000-60,000 with benefits (health, dental, 401k, LTD, and life insurance).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic marketing, communications, public relations, and branding plans in collaboration with the Executive Director, staff and Board of Directors.
- Includes focused plan surrounding Great River Greening’s 25th year anniversary.
- Oversee the production, quality and consistency of all external publications including print newsletters, e-newsletters, brochures, and fact sheets. Write and produce an annual report.
- Manage the redevelopment and timely maintenance of the organization’s web site.
- Develop and manage annual social media plan and content calendar for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, including design, quality, and message content.
- Manage and coordinate all media relations. Produce and distribute press releases for major events and organizational developments. Manage the press at events. Maintain relationships with key media.
- Manage all critical outside partners at restoration and outreach events, including follow-up and co-marketing opportunities.
- Assist the development staff in organizing, promoting, and executing fundraising events.
- Assist the program staff in the creation and production of presentations, educational materials, articles, and signage.
- Represent Greening at selected public events, providing consistent and aligned branding messages.
- Develop promotional videos in collaboration with outside vendors, including writing scripts that tie together GRG’s communication brand.
- Facilitate Communications Committee, collaborating with committee members and general Board members on all marketing and communications work.
- Spearhead the development of co-branding and marketing proposals for select corporations, businesses and community initiatives in collaboration with GRG senior leadership.
- Other duties as needed.
- College degree OR demonstrable experience in Marketing, Media Relations, Communications, English, or related field.
- At least 8 years related experience in public relations, marketing, or communications.
- Experience with various software: MS Office, Adobe Design suite.
- Excellent proofreading, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to utilize creativity and innovation to solve communication challenges.
- Expertise in public speaking and media relations.
- Able to initiate projects, and follow through with minimal direction.
- Experience with graphic design or graphic manipulation.
- Experience with social media and with website management or design, including Mail Chimp and Word Press.
- Video editing skills a plus.
- Availability to attend seasonal Saturday events.
- Familiarity with land and water conservation is preferred.
Send cover letter, resume, and three references via email to Kateri Routh at email@example.com.
Application review starts November 25th.