Community Outreach Intern
Roles and Responsibilities: The Community Outreach Intern will work with the Community Outreach Coordinator to recruit volunteers and prepare marketing materials for our upcoming Spring 2018 Volunteer Restoration Events, which begin in April. The season comprises 3-6 events that vary in size from 30 – 200 volunteers. Activities may include attendance at Saturday events.
- Research targeted volunteer groups and initiate contact with individuals/groups in the geographic areas proximate to community events, seeking participation from local schools and clubs, businesses, community groups, etc.
- Create and/or edit marketing materials for the purpose of volunteer recruitment (mailings, newsletter posting, etc.)
- Maintain and update contact databases
- Register volunteers as they sign-up for volunteer events. Communicate regularly with registered volunteers as needed.
- General and other office tasks as assigned
Qualifications: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to pay attention to detail and work independently are a must. Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred, but not required.
Time Commitment/Compensation: A minimum of 10+ hours per week preferred from Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm (flexible). Position start and end dates are flexible, but typically starts in FebThis is a volunteer position.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to Communications and Outreach Manager Mary Anne Welch firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter why you are applying for this internship and what you hope to get out of this experience. If you have questions, please email or call Mary Anne at 612-968-0069.