Volunteers Needed: 100
Supervisors Needed: 10
Katherine Abbott Park is beloved for its 76-acre beauty and accessibility and a walk through these woodlands showcases what years of prescribed fire and volunteer effort can do to fight invasive buckthorn. However, some forest pockets are not receptive to fire and help is needed to clear them of buckthorn and other woody invasives. This restoration activity will prevent buckthorn from out-competing native plants for nutrients, light, and moisture.
- Open to all ages (Family Friendly), children under 12 must be supervised
- Difficulty level of restoration task: Moderate
- Terrain: Sloped
- Hike to Site: Easy, approx. .5 mile walk on paved trails
- We supply: Tools and equipment (gloves, shovels, safety glasses, etc.), drinking water, and all training
- This event will occur rain or shine
- Light breakfast, snacks and lunch provided
- Children under 12 must be supervised
This project is made possible with the support from our partners and funders: City of Mahtomedi and Dellwood Foundation
Registration is closed for this event.