Photograph more than 100 volunteers working to restore a metro area gem! Great River Greening and volunteers have worked at this site for the past year, hauling out buckthorn and other invasive woody species. Volunteers will be doing a mix of cutting and stacking.
Great River Greening photo style is dynamic. In all circumstances, our goal is to bring an emotion to our images and a smile to the viewers face.
- Since many of our activities involve people, we like to focus on people in action, closely cropped and dynamic to bring an energy and freshness to the feeling.
- Small groups, captured with unique perspectives and angles with an artful composition.
- Large groups in vista settings, where people are part of the nature that is being photographed
- Inter-generational to demonstrate enthusiasm for caring for our land for generations to come
- Kids digging in the dirt, enjoying the process of caring and conserving. This is their future. We strive to show them discovering nature, capturing wonder in the world around them.
- Environmental photos of Minnesota’s natural heritage, beauty shots of leaves, rivers, the rewards of our accomplishments. It may be a bird in an oak tree or a turtle in a river.
This project is made possible with support from the City of Mahtomedi and the Minnesota Environment and Natural Resources Trust Fund.
Registration is closed for this event.