The Digital Marketing & Graphic Design intern will use social media and other venues to inspire and lead local communities, throughout Minnesota, in restoring and conserving the land and water that enrich our lives.
We seek an enthusiastic individual, looking to gain experience multi-media communications, to help market our fundraising events, volunteer registration, outdoor happy hours, Buckthorn Beer Bash, and educational materials. Responsibilities include creating content for our social media channels (specifically Facebook and Instagram) through shooting and editing short videos, creating GIFS, and designing graphic content for use in print and online. The intern may work on our equipment or their own.
Open to students and graduates in graphic design, film production, fine arts, communications, marketing or related fields.
Major Job Accountabilities
- Experience producing videos and photos
- Proficient with Adobe software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Abobe Illustrator
- Ability to be creative and inventive, while staying true to Great River Greening brand guidelines.
- Ability to collaborate with a team and work independently
- Attention to detail
- Experience with social media, media, and communications a plus
- Interest in environmental issues a plus
This is an ongoing internship. We seek a three-month commitment, for 10-15 hours a week. Weekly schedule is flexible but requires some weekday availability between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. This is an unpaid internship; we will complete paperwork required for school credit where applicable.
Submit cover letter addressing qualifications, resume, and references by e-mail to: Mary Anne Welch, Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 251 Starkey Street Suite 2200, St. Paul, MN 55107. No phone calls please.