Roles and Responsibilities:
The Volunteer Events Intern will work with the Volunteer Events Manager to provide logistical assistance for the upcoming Spring 2019 Volunteer Restoration Events, which begin in April. The season comprises of multiple public and private events varying in size from 15-200+ volunteers.
- Research and secure rental and food needs for events.
- Ensure materials are replenished before each event.
- Assist Volunteer Events Manager on the ground at events (volunteer check-in, parking, event set-up and take-down).
- Consolidate volunteer data into contact database
- General and other office tasks as assigned.
Quality written and verbal communication skills. Ability to pay attention to detail and work independently a must. Intermediate computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of Adobe suite is preferred, but not required (Acrobat and InDesign, especially).
A minimum of 10+ hours per week preferred between Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm (flexible) and presence at Saturday volunteer events. Position start and end dates are flexible, but typically starts in March and ends in June. This is an unpaid internship.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Volunteer Events Manager, Katie Brom, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter why you are applying for this internship and what you hope to get out of this experience. If you have questions, please email or call Katie at 651-272-3989.