AS MINNESOTANS, WE TAKE PRIDE IN OUR WATERWAYS
With your contribution degraded parks, waterways, and forests become revitalized, natural areas that connect people to their environment and to each other. Click to donate now.
Minnesota is a large state with thousands of threatened natural areas in need of our attention. Your donation empowers us, in partnership with our tireless volunteers, to build habitats for pollinators, clean our waterways, and inspire next generation caretakers of the environment.
With your support, this year we will:
- Connect with over 300 farmers to decrease pollution in the Minnesota River;
- Inspire 300 young people in the Field Learning for Teens program;
- Research 1,500 oak trees, planted across Minnesota, to discover species that will be resilient in the face of Minnesota’s increasingly volatile climate; and
- Expand our reach to the Mississippi Headwaters to improve water quality, including drinking water for the Twin Cities.
If you are a current donor…THANK YOU! You empowered us to accomplished amazing feats in 2017:
- 2,200 acres of habitat brought back to life…that’s twice the size of the Minneapolis Chain of Lakes.
- 24,500 trees, wildflowers, and grasses planted…good for pollinators, rivers, and people.
- 2,800 volunteers worked together to care for Minnesota’s land and water…almost half were kids and teens.
Join us in cleaning and protecting Minnesota’s lakes, rivers, forests, and prairies. Please contribute today. Thank you!
If you prefer to donate by mail, download and complete the Great River Greening Donation Form
Great River Greening is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Financial contributions and gifts in-kind are tax-deductible for U.S. taxpayers.
Other Ways to Give
Match Your Gift
Want to double or triple your gift to Great River Greening? Many companies match their employee’s tax-deductible contributions. Some even make donations to match employees’ time spent volunteering! To find out whether your employer has a matching gift or a “dollars for doing” program, contact your company’s HR office. If your company will match gifts to Great River Greening, please send your employer’s matching-gift form along with your gift.
United Way and other Employee Giving Campaigns
You can designate your contribution to Great River Greening by writing us in on your pledge form. Contact your Employee Giving Campaign Coordinator for more information on how to direct your gift.
Stock Transfer Gifts
Gifts of securities can be made by contacting Sonia Palmer, Individual Giving Officer, at 651.272.3996 or email@example.com.
By including Great River Greening in your will or other estate plans, you will help protect Minnesota\’s natural heritage for many generations to come. Please contact Sonia Palmer with questions or to pledge a planned gift. We also recommend that you contact the Minnesota Council on Foundations and request the “Minnesota Tool Kit for Giving,” by calling the Council at (612) 338-1989 or online at www.minnesotagiving.org.
Give Goods or Services
Donations of goods and services are another way to help Great River Greening restore the Twin Cities’ lands and waters. Just like with cash contributions, the value of these in-kind donations is tax-deductible.
Become a Sponsor
To learn more about corporate sponsorship opportunities, visit our corporate sponsorship page. If you have any questions or ideas for other ways you would like to give, please contact our Development Director, Kirsten Gulbro at 651.272.3987 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Our Donors